Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Automatic Hog Feeding Reply To: Automatic Hog Feeding

Nic

Hi Palladium

Glad to hear you have found a solution. Good to know that it works, at least for a few days. Someone else was talking, recently, about hopper feeders, but I think also a water slow release system. Unfortunately, I can’t find it at the moment, but maybe they will see this. But water is very important, especially if you are feeding dry food. But maybe you can get someone to top the water up, too. If you have several water sources, at least some in the shade, it might last.

Seems funny talking about water, with all the rain we’ve been having! But it might turn hot and dry.

Well done linking the gardens. I’m sure the hogs will be just as happy with an underpass.

P.S. Just found that other post. It was talking about a gravity fed water container which lasted about 3 days. (I won’t copy the link here because it was about other things as well and quite long.) The person was concerned the water dish might be too deep. My response was “The most important thing is that they can get out of it if they get in. Is there anything you could rig up so that that’s the case. Alternatively is it posssible to fill the dish partly with stones/pebbles so that they can still drink between them, but would ensure no-one got stuck in there? Might help to keep it more stable, as well – but might depend on the design as to whether it’s feasible.”

A large stone was apparently eventually used.

Hedgehog