Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Concerned.. Reply To: Concerned..

Hi, Simbo – yes, I spoke to both BHPS & my local Wildlife Care Centre & both agree – but with the concern that this a female, they might have babies near by..

..no activity last night without food on offer – the previous nights, I’ve not put any out hoping she might rest up again, but apart from catching the male & her on film having a nosy & actually, motoring around a lot better even on her 3 good wheels..! No sleepovers! It still looks like she holding weight off it, so does need a look over..

Catch 22.. it doesn’t look like I’ll get her in the box in the day again any time soon – & if I catch her at night with the lure of food & a midnight stake out, I’d end up potentially distressing her keeping her from her babies overnight..

..this time of the year, the Centre likes to check them over while you wait, so you can return them to their usual habitat ( if they’re able to release them )

Box, blanket & gloves at the ready, but I’m concerned AND torn, now..!!

Hedgehog