Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Another one eyed hedgehog……. Reply To: Another one eyed hedgehog…….

Do you think the rescues might be marking?
There was a posting about how bone fide they all are and maybe they think this is a good way to keep track of them
It is a shame. I think 2 that visit here may have been marked- Jack-who seems to have a fair strip but not sure if that is just an area of his spines and Splodge- He is a very rare visitor. He turned up a few times last year and I was so alarmed by the camera footage as I thought he was covered in blood, even though it was grey. He has been back a couple of times before we went away with the same markings so obviously doing OK.
I just take it all very personally, that I am doing all I can to help and then someone comes along and jeopardises their natural ability for survival especially with everything else they have to contend with- OK, have stepped down from my soap box….for now.
Hope little Siili is home soon.

Hedgehog