Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Concerned.. Reply To: Concerned..

Update! So.. turns out ‘Florence’ isn’t a Florence after all.. ( but I’m struggling to come up with a male equivalent other than ‘Herb’ (( chosen by my daughter! Short for Herbie.. renowned for getting around on less than all four wheels, I guess..?! )) LOL!

After a week at Hogpital under the fantastic expert care of an amazing team – having been given the full MOT & a course of antibiotics, HE was given a clean bill of health yesterday, ready to be returned to his regular patch..

Full actioned packed overnight footage shows one healthy Hog back at the Diner, happily exploring & with barely the merest hint of a limp – leg looking normal again..

..but also showed the ‘Welcome Home’ he got from, I’m presuming, the actual resident Female.. who, on sight, promptly ‘biffed’ the poor fella from one end of the ‘park’ & back again in double quick time..!!! No more worse for wear, he shakes off the leaves & hay & gets back to doing what these fab little creatures do best! Happy Days!! : )

Hedgehog