Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Ticks on hogs Reply To: Ticks on hogs

Hi Ann,
Ticks are a pain. Having taken advice in the past from various sources I would probably take him/her to be deticked. We have now learnt how to do it and have done a few ourselves
One person told me 3 ticks were too many, another said over 6……so I would get one with a dozen looked at if I could catch him.
I am sure you know BUT please keep well covered when handling hedgehogs. Fleas are hedgehog specific but ticks are not. Wear good gloves and keep exposed skin as covered as possible as a precaution.
Let us know how you get on.

Hedgehog