Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Ticks on hogs Reply To: Ticks on hogs

ann

Thanks Simbo65. I will try and catch it. We go to bed before they come out as we are up early so my best bet is to try and catch it early morning which may not be a bad thing as it won’t be locked up for as long! I will also phone our local hospital to have a chat to see if they will de-tick while I wait (as mentioned elsewhere on the forum). Thanks for the heads up on protection, I have had a tick a couple of years ago in Scotland,thankfully I found it the day after it got to me! On a weird note, it was useful to actually see one in the flesh (no pun intented!) rather than just on a leaflet! Tick removers always in the first aid kit! Will keep you posted on the hog.

Hedgehog