Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Vanishing Hedgehogs…?? Reply To: Vanishing Hedgehogs…??

Earlier this summer I could hardly keep up with the feeding as 5 or 6 hogs were visiting each night. Now I am lucky to see one a night and it’s sometimes none, although we did have a youngster caught on camera this week one night, first time we have seen a small hog this year. I have also been concerned that they are not visiting much but have put this down to food being available elsewhere. Our garden has wild areas on two sides, one side being the railway with a large area of uncultivated trackside. So maybe the hogs don’t need us so much in the summer. Keep monitoring though as I am hoping they’ll be back in greater numbers before hibernation.

Hedgehog