Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Vanishing Hedgehogs…?? Reply To: Vanishing Hedgehogs…??

I hadn’t seen a hedgehog in my garden for a few years when one turned up in 2015. In 2016, 2017 & 2018 I had good numbers visitng for food and also shelter (I have 2 hog houses).

2019 sightings started earlier this year and all seemed fine from March through to May then in June visits and sightings dropped off and, sadly, I have had no hog visitors at all during July.

I know there may be several reasons for this but, after continous 4 years of sightings from March to November, for the visits to suddenely stop is very worrying.

Also worrying is there have been no sightings in the adjacent allotments as far as I know which also has a hog population.

I’m hoping they will return later in the year as they get ready for hibernation. and keeping my fingers crossed as I’m missing my spikey friends.

Hedgehog