Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog Dilemma Reply To: Hedgehog Dilemma

Hi Hettihog and Hedgie Lover, so glad you’ve got some little friends around. Pippa, the tiny one who appeared a few months ago has now grown a lot and is packing the Spike moist away like nobodys business! I’m putting quite a lot out each night as Big Benny is back and Tommy so I’ve given up on measuring it now, in fact I’ve forgotten what the amounts were per hog, but you can’t seem to tell them they are only supposed to eat so much each! I hope you get on with your neighbours as I’ve had a todo today with one of mine! I have a drop at the bottom of my garden, it’s a wild bit, growing cotoneaster, firethorn and blackberries with hawthorn at each end and some lilac and beach inbetween. We went out today to cut off overhangings to the pavement. Apart from giving the birds something to eat it was also meant to keep the local terrorists out. I got one of those “gardener of the year” types who leaned on the gate to watch and then of course had to say something which was “its a rat feast in there” I believe I was polite when I answered there were none in there, I had cctv I monitored and with my neighbours cats we had at least 10 around all night. I noticed this neighbour also “dropped in” on a new neighbour and was nodding towards my garden and also sent her gardener round to another house to cut the hedges when she was out! I may not be so civil next time! So, people out there, if you want a beautiful garden, no weeds anywhere and you cut the grass to within an inch of its life and you have beautiful hanging baskets all over, good for you, well done, but please don’t try and shame people who don’t keep their gardens up to your standards, because they are not your gardens! Best wishes to you all.

Hedgehog