Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog in the garden Reply To: Hedgehog in the garden

Hello all

I’m new here and very excited and passionate about my new little guests. I think I have two big ones and a smaller one but it’s hard to tell – they don’t look dissimilar – let’s face it. I have a trail camera and the first thing I do every morning is race out in my nightie, grab the camera and take it back to bed with a cup of tea and see what antics have occurred overnight.

I have made 3 hog feeding stations out of clear plastic boxes from IKEA. They are like Goldilocks – they go in and out of the boxes to see what dish of food they prefer. I have been giving them mealworms but I will slowly phase them out now.

My problem is that no matter what I try, the cat from next door manages to contort himself into all shapes to get through baffles into my boxes. So I’ve ditched the wet cat food now which is a shame. The hogs just weren’t getting a look in.

I’m delighted to be part of this community. I live in Bishops Waltham which is a semi rural village between Winchester and Southampton.

Hedgehog