Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog in the garden Reply To: Hedgehog in the garden

Hi julesforf
You sound just like me, obsessed LOL! It’s comforting to know I’m not the only mad woman, rushing out into the garden in my nightie to retrieve last nights cam footage, it is my first task of the day everyday!😂
I am absolutely overrun with cats here and I’ve gone to all sorts of lengths to outwit those clever little pussies . I have four feeding stations, all different styles and makes. I have one of the plastic home made feeds made from an under bed box. I usually put the food at the furthest end x2 dishes one of meat mixed with spikes moist and one of the spikes dry biscuit. I have found that if I put a brick inside the box and wedge the dishes in, the cats are unable to reach the dishes to drag them forward. It seems to be working and the hogs are getting access to all the food. Maybe worth a try?
Happy hog watching, I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning when I rush out in my nightie to get my latest pics! x

Hedgehog