Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog Dilemma Reply To: Hedgehog Dilemma

Hi Annker
It brought a smile to my face reading your post. I have also had to defend my actions of late. I have one neighbor that has always taken an overly keen interest in what’s happening in my garden, several times I’ve been aware of her staring out of her bedroom window watching my every move.
Anyway the other day I was on my way out and she stopped me on the drive and asked me what the boxes on the lawn were for.
Eager to recruit her interest in helping hogs and seeing the encounter as an ideal opportunity to educate her on the dangers of strimmers , I was quick, (maybe a bit too quick ) to tell her I’m feeding two hogs every night !
Oh my lord she responded, you must stop at once ! We will be overrun with rats and all kinds of vermin. It’s bad enough that you feed the birds!
I informed her that I don’t have any rats visiting the garden and I know exactly what is coming into my garden because I have a camera that I am able to screen every morning.
Oh she said well just where is this camera?
I really didn’t like her tone! But I kept my cool and advised her that if she strained her neck just a little more to the left when she is spying on my every move from her bedroom window, there might just be a small chance that she will be captured in the pics with the hogs and about half a dozen cats, but no rats!
Haven’t seen her at that window since! LOL

Hedgehog