Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog Dilemma Reply To: Hedgehog Dilemma

she sounds like a nightmare!!!

So you don’t use semi-moist – you just use moist, I presume that comes out of a tin? I’m not sure if my local Pets at Home sells the tinned stuff. The Hedgies are eating the dried spikes, but I think that cat biscuits are winning, but I want them to eat more of the hedgehog food so I don’t have to buy cat biscuits.

Although I’ve read the ingredients, I’m scared that the cat biscuits might have a hidden ingredient that isn’t good for hedgehogs, so I’d rather buy something that they love, which is specially for hedgehogs – rather than put up with, they loved the morrisons stuff, so frustrated they haven’t restocked , at it was almost half the price of spikes.

If they don’t eat much of the semi-moist stuff, I think I’ll just have to stick to cat biscuits and the dog food (which they love regardless of what flavour meat and brand).

Had two male hedgehogs fighting tonight, one was biffing the other, and the other had his spikes up and was in a ball. Unfortunately the one in the ball went away without getting any food, and the bad behaved one got to eat all the dog food.

And then to top that off, I have two spiders fighting, and now the winner is eating the loser, and I trod on a slug last night (by accident), and another little slug appears to be eating it. It’s completely gross.

Oh the joys of wildlife!

I guess if we were animals, we would have eaten our neighbours by now like the rest of the animal kingdom (one of my neighbour’s is a nightmare too).

Hedgehog