Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog Dilemma Reply To: Hedgehog Dilemma

I think the 3 day rule is probably spot on Annker, as when the Webbox hedgehog food ran out, I put down spikes, and it wasn’t touched for about 3 days, so I mixed it in with cat biscuits, then they started eating it – it must have been about 3 days – aren’t they funny!

Tonight I’m going to experiment with the semi-moist spikes, and just put that in the bowl (no dried & no cat biscuits) and see if it gets eaten (but will still put a bit of wet dog meat out) – sounds like all the rest of the hedgies like it, given the comments on this thread.

Hi Penny, I hate spiders, I really do – especially after last night – and my flat is infested with them – I guess they are good for eaten up all the other bugs in the house – but they tend to leave the bits of bugs and moths they don’t like scattered in my bath and on my kitchen tops (as they like to hang out on the ceilings). And due to me keep opening my door during the night to hedgehog watch – all the moths come in too, especially the giant moths which scare me to death.

I need a cute looking pet that would hoover up all the bugs for me.

Hedgehog