Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings I have a fox on my camera occasionally .. Reply To: I have a fox on my camera occasionally ..

I don’t know – I saw a fox in my garden last week – I’ve heard that they tend to leave them alone due to their spikes, but I reckon it depends on the fox – they might try attempt and end up hurting the hedgehog but not killing it – but to be honest, I don’t actually know and I’m just guessing. I wonder if they are more likely to eat smaller hedgehogs such as hoglets.

That’s my greatest concern, but I guess we just have to leave wildlife to get on with it, I don’t think there’s much we can do about it – And I guess we might not know if it happens – so it might be better like that. (Unless you catch it on your camera which would be absolutely horrendous for you)

On a news article this week I saw a photo of a whale gobbling up a seal and it absolutely broke me. But what can you do? I wouldn’t mind seeing a whale eating an scary looking fish, but a cute seal pup, it was horrible.

Hedgehog