Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog Dilemma Reply To: Hedgehog Dilemma

so far no semi-moist spikes has been eaten but the dog food has all gone so at least they’ve visited. But I’ll persist with the moist stuff, and wait until mid next week, by then they should have got used to the smell of it.

Funny because when I first started putting the food out, it was gone on the first night – why didn’t they wait for 3 days to get used to the smell of it, unless they were really hungry for food. Also on the first night I put water down, the bowl was completely dry in the morning – and the following weeks I’d frequently see them taking a sip. But for the last couple of weeks, I’ve only seen one hedgehog take a sip – could that be because it’s been raining heavily? However, the water level seemed to be down last night – so perhaps they are drinking it but I’m just not witnessing it – they tend to prefer to step in the bowl and get it really dirty rather than drink it.

Hedgehog