Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog Dilemma Reply To: Hedgehog Dilemma

Hi all, when you first put food out they must have been hungry, either before or after hibernation. Last year was very hot and dry. When it rains they find more natural food but even this theory has gone to pot recently. The torrential rain seems to have driven them into the feeding station. Simbo65 is right, they visit approx 3 times a night. So eat a snack, look round for live food and come back for another snack during the early hours. I’ve started a wood and leaf pile a few months ago now, it may or may not have escaped my neighbours attention! Although I caught her looking through a gap to view the rest of my back garden! I’m just about to report milk shakes being dropped all over the place by children attending an event hall. They are huge plastic tubs with straws and lids on and different flavours. I can’t look at milk, can’t wash a milk bottle without heaving, so I picked one up and when I saw it was a chocolate milk shake curdled I was heaving in the street and had to drop it. Sorry, I’m a wimp, don’t want the hogs to get them but I can’t be sick in the street, so will report it. Best wishes.

Hedgehog