Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings I wonder what is going on here (video) Reply To: I wonder what is going on here (video)

Nic

Hi Mr. Lucky

That explains it – the reporting. Anyway it has been ‘unreported’ now so that’s good! You can usually edit by pressing the edit button if you do it fairly soon, but that option does seem to disappear quite quickly. Also I have noticed recently that posts I have edited after posting have disappeared, so I think there may be a glitch – that has been reported.

I haven’t watched the whole video again – bit short of broadband this month – but the huffing will be the female. If you look closely (I often look at them with binoculars to get a really close view) you can usually see that it is in time with her movements. Very often the male, especially, will give up and wander off. I sometimes wonder how they ever manage to get round to having any hoglets, they take so long over this ‘courtship’. But luckily hoglets seem to ‘miraculously’ appear from somewhere.

Hedgehog