Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Heartbroken Reply To: Heartbroken

Hi Jennifer
I’ve already posted in reply to your post, but it seemed to disappear so I will try again!
I was so sorry to read about your miserable situation, there always seems to be someone around that’s ready to ‘rain on others parade’ .
Unfortunately, not everyone recognises the value of caring for wildlife- but in my experience the nicest people, are those that do!
What a shame your landlord even found out, did someone complain? I have been trying to promote a hedgehog street with my neighbours, but it seems like a no go ! Some don’t want holes in their fence and others just don’t want to encourage wildlife to their garden! Seems very strange to me, when all the houses back onto fields ! But you know what they say ( there is nothing stranger than folk) 😂
As a retired social worker, I fully appreciate the healing associated with the environment and enjoying the wildlife.
Perhaps as Nic suggested , there is someone living local to you with a garden that you could share – I’m passionate about wildlife ( think I even like wildlife more than I like people sometimes!😂) and if you lived near me in Northamptonshire you would be most welcome to share my, hog obsession, the garden and the joy of my little visitors!
I do hope you can find a solution.
Best wishes x

Hedgehog