Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Stripey Hedgehog Reply To: Stripey Hedgehog

Hi Annker
Well you talking to the door amused me greatly! It’s good to know my kind of madness is not an isolated case! Lol
So sorry to hear about the trials your faced with in securing high quality health care for hubby, the ongoing reduction in funding adequate health & support services is so frustrating and one of the main reasons I took early retirement from social work. I do hope hubby feels better soon.

As for my camera, I think I have finally sorted it out and I got some great video last night. I’ve read the operation manual several times, Googled the technical terms that might as well be written in Chinese lol and tried various combinations of settings and Eureka! I think I’ve done it!
I understand your concerns about the battery life and cost, but I’ve not found the batteries to be a problem thus far. I initially thought the batteries would die quite quickly and made sure I had a replacement set. But I’ve been using the alkaline batteries for months now and the camera display continues to reflect 100% life left.
As far as picking up images, my camera doesn’t seem to flow, for example last night it picked up Hetty going in the feeding, but not coming out! I think it must be the delay setting or some other technical thing that my brain is unable to compute lol! I would normally ask hubby ! But he has reached his full potential as far as hog tolerance is concerned Lol! When I mention anything hog related, you can see him physically and mentally turn off now, but we’ve been married for 44yrs this year, so I think he is use to my eccentric ways and takes the road of happy wife happy life lol!

Ive not seen Big Bruiser for a week now and I’ve decided to reduce the wet food I put out from tonight to avoid waste – when the hogs don’t turn up as expected, it’s a worry. But also a good reminder that they are wild animals and we are blessed to have them visit on their terms, even for a short time.

Hetty is doing well and looks in great shape. I’ve managed to talk my daughter into hog sitting again in September ( for a small cost) to cover my wedding anniversary holiday. So fingers crossed Hetty will remain in good shape and be well prepared at the end of the year for the big sleep!

You take care, keep talking to the door! 😂 Sendings best wishes to that poorly man of yours for a speedy recovery! x

Hedgehog