Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Maggotts Reply To: Maggotts

Hi Bluebean, I’m so sorry, you have done your best for the little one and I’ve shed a tear or two for you. We all dread the day it may come. Not sure I would like your vet and the charges. As an endangered animal and for any wild animal they should do it free. It wasn’t fair to you when you were trying to do your best and was willing to do the nursing of the animal.
I found the info from Stef very interesting and will try and keep it in mind, so thanks Stef. However, please be aware there are dangers of using tea tree. After listening to a radio program once warning about using exact amounts as more, or less can cause the infection to increase and therefore become difficult to treat. I have never bought any product containing tea tree for many years. I have a lot of essential oils, as I make my own glycerine soap, but I’ve never bought tea tree oil and never will.
I hope you have more hogs on your patch who will appreciate being looked after by you. My new little one has found the feeding station now, as she was peeping at me from behind a tree trunk, I’ve called her Heidi (hide and seek) Best wishes.

Hedgehog