Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Heartbroken Reply To: Heartbroken

If it’s a social landlord (I take this as meaning council) they should be allowing people to feed wildlife. I had an annual visit from my social landlord a couple of weeks ago, and they were delighted that there are hedgehogs in the area, and said if I vacate the property they will let the new tenant know (all though that won’t happen unless I die).

If it’s a social landlord, then I think you should write to a wildlife organisation and ask if you can get any advice on how to challenge your landlord – or even write to 10 downing street, (they respond to every letter) and then give the response to your landlord.

If it’s a private landlord, I doubt there is much you can do, but with social, I think you’d be able to appeal their decision providing that you put a strong case forward.

Hedgehogs are are protected species, so the council should be more lenient about tenants looking after them.

Where I live, my neighbours always ask me how the hedgehogs are, and want to know where they are nesting – but they aren’t interested in feeding them and staying up half the night to catch a viewing.

I guess if a neighbour complained, then that could be a valid reason as to why they aren’t allowing you.

Hedgehog