Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Maggotts Reply To: Maggotts

Hi Bluebean, they all swear by manuka honey, but have you tried it.? I had a leg injury and went to a wound clinic for 2 months. They put honey on and told me, “people think honey is gentle it hurts but works”. My goodness, I nearly went through the roof and after 3 weeks, and no healing, I refused to have it again. It sets every nerve on edge till you could scream. They then put iodine on, which had to come off as I’m allergic to it, however, it didn’t hurt and vets do use it themselves, so surprised they didn’t suggest it. I’ve previously bought it from a chemist as aquise wash (sorry for spelling) it means it washes off. Someone may have something to say on iodine, but honestly, the honey is agony as every nerve feels like its on fire. As I said, even the nurses warned me it hurt. The poor hog who may have a cut wouldn’t know what hit it. You have spent a lot of money on this and shown your commitment, but I would eat it! Very best wishes.

Hedgehog