Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Maggotts Reply To: Maggotts

Hi Bluebean, the iodine I’ve bought from chemist for use on my pets was Betadine antiseptic solution, aqueous. It is Povidone Iodine 10% which was equal to the vets povidine aqueous when I couldn’t get there. However, it may not be suitable as some could have an allergic reaction just like humans can. Maybe someone knows the answer to this, but I suggest an injured hog should always be taken to a professional for treatment. And yes, just eat or cook with your expensive honey, it really does hurt! Hope your other hog is doing well, my new little one is packing the food away. Best wishes.

Hedgehog