Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Heartbroken Reply To: Heartbroken

Hi Jennifer, landlords, how we love them! OK, you say you have a social landlord, not always council as some are private, but usually they are. Some were council and had to go private due to finances. This seems to me to be one of your neighbours complaining about you putting food out. The reason, I guess, is now you’re on your own your hubby’s not around to defend your kind nature. I strongly suggest you write to both of your local councillors, explaining that the Hedgehogs are a protected species, you have been feeding them for a long while and the problems you are having with housing… Neighbours… And so on. How upset you have been over this, especially as you have lost your dear husband and you feel you are being victimised. Please don’t worry you will be thrown out, you have to receive a warning letter before that. If that has no effect, go to your local paper, but please, do not be bullied. I know how upset you must be after losing your husband and you may not feel up to it to take on a fight, but a nice chat to your local councillors may go a long way to helping you. My very best wishes to you.

Hedgehog