Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Bad week Reply To: Bad week

Nic

Hi Bluebean

So sad to hear about the hog.

It’s outrageous that the vet charges you. I thought they treated wildlife free. When I had a badly injured hog and the Wildlife Hospital people were on holiday. I contacted the RSPCA. They weren’t much help in that they couldn’t collect the hog until the next day, which was very distressing as it must have been in a lot of pain. They did, however, give me the name of a vet, who I presume they had connections with, if I could transport it myself. Those vets didn’t charge me for putting the poor hog to sleep.

It’s hard enough that a hog has to be put to sleep without having to pay for it, when you may not be able afford it.

Glad to hear you are going on the Vale course. I’m sure that will be a great help. The BHPS should be able to give you the numer of any hog carers/rehabilitators near you. You can ring them on 01584 890801. I suspect many of them are too busy to read what’s on the Forum!

Good luck.

Hedgehog