Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehogs and slugs Reply To: Hedgehogs and slugs

In the summer, it seemed all the slugs and snails were living in the hedgehog feeding station, absolutely tons of them, and now they have all disappared – completely, also there was a snail in there the other day, the next day, the shell was empty – so someone must have eaten it.

I don’t know if the hedgehogs have been eating them and that’s why they have disappeared, I haven’t noticed them eating the slugs – usually I think the hedgehogs just ignore them .

And I also found out, slugs and snails like dried hedgehog food, but avoid the wet dog food. IHowever, I found a bunch of flies eggs in the wet dog food – so flies like lying their eggs on the wet food it seemed. Just gotta make sure I keep the feeding station clean and remove the poo as it attracts flies. I don’t want the hogs eating fly eggs – not sure if that would lead to fly strike if they ate them?

For now I don’t know where all the slugs and snails have disappeared to – but I’m very pleased they’ve gone.

Hedgehog