Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Distance needed between hog hibernation boxes Reply To: Distance needed between hog hibernation boxes

Hi Nic, yes, I thought it was funny (ha ha) a medium sized arch a small one to the left, then a large one appeared at the right, so 3 went up in sizes. I used to think Dinky Minky must have driven them mad! She was the small one from last year and was awake the longest, running up and down three times in the night to the feeding station. I’ve been outside when she went back through the door, all I could hear was leaves crunching about! I’ve still not seen her or mum Kitty. I assume the two little ones are daughters of one of them. Now Big Benny has disappeared again. Last seen two nights ago. My neighbours cat was sat watching one of the little ones and skirted a wide ark around it but then a bit later, Benny came out of the feeding station, trotted off round the back and the cat went charging after it! I have a feeling he’s a gentle giant, he’s very careful, makes the light come on then walks round the feeding station having a good look inside before he goes in. He’s been in with one of the little ones a few nights ago and they ate together, so doesn’t seem to be a bully at all. Just hope he’s OK. I will get onto the road signs soon, I’m just having a todo with Highways over some traffic lights at the moment…. Best wishes.

Hedgehog