Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hibernation 2019 Reply To: Hibernation 2019

Hello,
I thought my homemade hedgehog house was fairly waterproof but when I inspected it yesterday I discovered some of the hay inside near the top looked a bit damp and there were quite a lot of bugs in there, (along with a hedgehog which I was delighted about). I like the thought of the hedgehogs being warm and dry but I’m guessing that being wild animals a bit of dampness won’t do them any harm. Is that right?
He/she was buried underneath the hay so I’ve left it as is but I have put some more felt roofing over the top of it and secured with a brick.

Hedgehog