Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Rescue hedgehogs released in our garden Reply To: Rescue hedgehogs released in our garden

Hi simbo65 & Nic, I’m sorry for your losses with the hogs, but glad your rescue hogs are back and around and eating Simbo. You are going through what we did a month ago. Hogs eating everything, I was piling the food in the dishes each night. It was the sudden stopping of eating that bothered me most. I now guess they had eaten their fill and when I have see them about at night they were perhaps out collecting their winter bedding! Little Heidi is still coming and eating each night. I will have to check the cctv to see if the others are still about. So, yes, it’s colder here than in the south so yours will be slowing down soon if they are to hibernate. They’ve probably had to scout the area and find a suitable spot to make their hibernating nests as you can’t do that for them. My vet once told me that animals that were very ill knew when people were trying to help them. The only exception was pigeons! As soon as they were better they turn on you and peck you! From things I’ve read and seen, I think it’s true, so your hogs will know your kindness and your food parcels will be appreciated. As I write its lashing down again, so poor hogs will be out in it again, but as you say, lots of juicy thing to eat. Best wishes… Roll on spring.

Hedgehog