Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Is a house mounted on hardstanding OK? Reply To: Is a house mounted on hardstanding OK?

Hi, I guess it may be quieter in the back garden as there’s usually roads at the front of the house, but, that may not be the case with you. I assume the “not pointing south” may disturb the hogs on a warm sunny winters day.
I’m excited to say, one of the littler hogs, Pippa, is using the hog house I put out last year. I went out tonight to check on whoever was still using the feeding station, as I’ve not been out to look for a few weeks now. The only way I know the difference between Pippa and Heidi is, Pippa doesn’t like the light and Heidi has eyes wide open in the light. Anyway, I gave her some cat meat tonight, but she declined it, when she left I managed to see where she went. There is some overhanging green leaves I could hear rustling, then on under the Hawthorn, where the hog house is and straight into the tunnel. I’m really pleased! The hey we left near by has gone inside.
Our hog house is stood on flags, but the house has stripes of wood underneath to keep it off the floor as well. It’s taken a year to become part of the garden, but so happy it’s now in use. Best wishes.

Hedgehog