Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Is a house mounted on hardstanding OK? Reply To: Is a house mounted on hardstanding OK?

Hi all.
Some really useful info here. I had already considered just a static and permanent camera in the house and another one that can view traffic around the outside as well as a nearby feeding station.
The problem with using the back ‘garden’ is that it is a communal grassed area of about an acre with clumps of trees that is surrounded by a pathway. I have a feeding station just outside my back door on the pathway and this is the one that is visited most frequently. The other one (outside the front porch) is used, but not so frequently. I’m wondering if there are maybe two distinct communities: one that patrols the front gardens and one that prefers to roam the field.
I’m still undecided about the location for the house – and I now have a delay to contend with, anyway, as I can’t get the cameras that arrived yesterday to work! I’ve spent about 20 hours on both of my computers trying to install the cameras on my WiFi, but I’ve had to give up. The problem these days is that everything seems to be designed for use with a smart phone, so you have to almost have a degree in computer sciences to be able to emulate an android on a laptop.
I’m busy searching eBay now to find cameras that will work directly from my laptop, but that means another waiting period for them to arrive.
About jpeg and png. These are image formats (the most common ones used for computer imaging). jpeg is the one most commonly used for displaying images on screen and png (as I understand it) is used if you want to print an image from your computer.
Thanks for the tip about uploading images, Nic. I’ll give it a try soon.

Hedgehog