Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog hibernating in damp hay – does it matter? Reply To: Hedgehog hibernating in damp hay – does it matter?

Hi Kippy Ben
An unbend store is just a plastic storage container with a lid, that fits under a bed. The ones used for hogs have a hole cut out at one end to allow the hogs entry.
I use one in my garden and I got my hubby to cut the whole due to my arthritis – the hogs use it on a nightly basis. However I also put a brick inside to stop the cats. The brick is far enough away from the entrance to let the hogs in but too near the entrance for the cats to squeeze in.
Not sure if you have internet? I bought one of my wooden hog houses online, it’s quite good and currently has an occupant – it cost approximately £20.
Sounds like you’ve got the hog bug! 😂 we are truly blessed to have hogs visiting and taking up residence – But be warned if your anything like me it may just take over your life! 😂
Best wishes x

Hedgehog