Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehogs gone missing Reply To: Hedgehogs gone missing

Hi scoobysue
I know from recent experience of weighing a hog for the first time, it can be a pretty daunting thought.
I struggled to get my head around scooping up a wild animal, but when the hoglets are really small under 450grams, weighing them and taking appropriate action can make such a difference to the little ones survival . Cutie was the first baby I had weighed and like you I was worried that the stress of weighing would have a detrimental impact. But after weighing I released Cutie who was no bigger than an orange and the weighing clearly has had no impact at all! Cutie has now more than doubled in size and has taken up residence under our big shed! A great little character!😂🤗
My advice is just bite the bullet and do it ! It could mean all the difference to the little hogs survival!
Good luck and best wishes x

Hedgehog