Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hibernation 2019 Reply To: Hibernation 2019

I was guilty of the mealworm thing for quite a time until I read an article on metabolic bone disease affecting them. I have now switched to Calci worms which they have now got used to (mixed in with Hedgehog nibbles). I understand these have much higher calcium levels and hence are better for the hogs. So their current diet supplement from me is mostly nibbles with just a sprinkle of Calci worms. I put out five/six 4″ terracotta bowls every night which is why I buy bulk, i.e. 20 or 40kg nibbles a time and get through 2-3 deliveries a year. Also, found its worth shopping around for this feed. My sunflower hearts for the birds, hedgehog nibbles and Cali worms are all sourced from different suppliers saving quite a bit of money in the process.

Hedgehog