Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Big surprise this morning. Reply To: Big surprise this morning.

Hi Simbo65, Mum is indeed doing a great job, and I can start to see the little one’s getting bigger and more adventurous. While most of the time they stay within a few feet of home, I spotted the biggest one about 5yds away.
Regarding cameras I have had my up’s and down’s with them over the last year or so.
All 3 cameras I have around the garden cost between £64 – £87 and bought through Amazon. The most expensive (Ereagle) is actually the worst when it comes to night vision while the other two (Aucee and Apeman) are about the same. I think most of these Trail cameras are designed to be used where the subject is several yds away rather than a few feet. A consideration then in choosing a camera is to get one with a very wide angle lens which increases the depth of field and the area captured so that the images are in good focus. The cameras don’t specify their focal length but the two ‘good’ cameras I have are around 130deg while the poorer one is 120deg field of view. All the clips taken of the hoglets are from the same camera (16mp Aucee).

Hedgehog