Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Big surprise this morning. Reply To: Big surprise this morning.

This was the first sighting of this marked hoglet and I had assumed it was a new visitor from far away. However, last nights video showed it going into the house a couple of times. Would a ‘stranger’ do this ?
There are still the normal two hoglets using this house. Mum was not seen last night. I did put the camera out quite late last night and as I was putting it down there was some serious huffing going on from the adjacent house a couple of feet away. Whether Mum is in there or not I don’t know.
As per previous posts we live in a rural area. There are two neighbors to the left of us and I am sure they are not responsible. There a couple of houses further to the left but we have never seen or spoken to any of them. In the past we have seen the odd hedgehog with a line or spot or something which looks like its ‘manmade’, but the numerous markings on this little one is very disturbing and obviously unnecessary. However, I am not in the position of feeling empowered to go around all the properties in the area asking if they are responsible. Ideally, given the generous supply of food and water to be found in our premises this hoglet will decide to relocate into the garden.

Hedgehog