Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Big surprise this morning. Reply To: Big surprise this morning.

Hi-
We are also away for part of December but don’t have the mass of hedgehogs you have. Only have Big Leg at the moment who I think is trying to hibernate.
When we were away in June I got really worried about the hedgehogs we had visiting at that time especially about water. I was very lucky I had a friend help out.
I bought a gravity fed water thing and a gravity fed food thing.
I set them both up along with a couple of other water bowls (to catch any rainfall) and asked her to visit every 4th day to change the water and add food if it was needed. The food was in a feed station as anything else would have eaten the lot in 1 go. Is this something you could set up? Do you have anyone that could nip in occasionally?
If the hoglets don’t hibernate they may need some food and water- hopefully rain will sort out the latter.
Hope they are still running around keeping you entertained.

Hedgehog