Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat New Hog House – Some Questions on Suitability Reply To: New Hog House – Some Questions on Suitability

Hi Nic, just managed to clean out the original hog house that I got last year which didn’t have a lid, it’s been occupied until now, hence why I couldn’t clean it out last month.

It took a lot longer to clean out than the square house that I got from the hospital, but managed to do it. Just waiting for it to dry out so I can put some newspaper down and a bit of hay.

But so much easier and quicker to clean when they have a lid, but don’t want to get rid of it, as it seems to be the preferred choice as it’s rarely unoccupied.

Getting another two houses from the hospital soon, square with a lid on, with the tunnel inside rather than outside. Hope they will get used, but if they don’t it will be good to keep some spare in my shed for when I get the rescued hogs back from the hospital if need be.

Hedgehog