Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Hedgehog Inactive Is Night (Possibly Unwell?) Reply To: Hedgehog Inactive Is Night (Possibly Unwell?)

Hi StarCipher
I’m getting unusual behaviour from my female resident at the moment. She’s started to come out later and goes in and out of the hog house frequently during the night. Last night I didn’t catch her on the camera at all but I know she’s there because I heard grunting sounds about 5pm. I saw her mating about a month ago so I’m wondering if she could be pregnant or has already given birth. If so she could be out in the daylight and I’ve put out food and water in a secure feeding station today just in case. Our experts may have a take on this.

Hedgehog