Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Do ultrasonic cat scareres also scare hedgehogs? Reply To: Do ultrasonic cat scareres also scare hedgehogs?

I think I sorted out my rat problem, purely by mistake and a lot of stupidity.

There was a rat in the feeding station, and, I don’t know what I was thinking of, but the brick on top of the FS, well I picked it up to tap the roof of the FS with it, as i thought that would scare it off. It sure did scare it off, but I also smashed the lid of the FS which I had to replace. But at least the rat didn’t come back. For that night, i had to get some gorilla tape out and tape the smashed bits, to ensure the hogs got some dinner. Luckily it came off in big pieces so I could fit it together.

The idiot that I am, fancy using a brick to hit a plastic roof! Doh

Hedgehog