Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Where to locate hog house and noise levels in garden Reply To: Where to locate hog house and noise levels in garden

I have 2 nesting in my garden and i have found that it is best not to ‘tip toe’ around them, a bit like when you have young babies.I dont go out of my way to make a lot of noise, and sub consiously, i proberbly am more carfefull not to make to much noise, but both boxes are next to my house,with lots of plants and shelter around them and we are in and out quite regularly, and talk normaly on the patio.i havent had any dissapear yet.Alot of hogs live near roads in bushes and have cars going past every 5 mins, so i guess they will get used to noise.
But i am not an expert in any way, so this is just what i have experienced.

Hedgehog