Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Do hedgehogs follow old routes ? Reply To: Do hedgehogs follow old routes ?

Nic

Hi Yvonne

Sorry to hear no hogs again. The rat here is still around, but mostly not eating the hog food, except if there are any ‘crumbs’ left in the morning. I started putting the food out much later because it seemed to come earlier in the evening. I have also had to stop feeding the birds, though. I’m hoping if it doesn’t find any food it will go elsewhere. But one night (before I had worked out this plan) it actually jumped at a hogs face. I think some of the hogs were scared of it, but not all.

I can quite understand that you don’t want rats around, especially with children around. I think if I were you I would stop putting food out for the hogs (so that there’s no food around for the rats at all) for a while at least, until the rats disappear.

Good luck.

Hedgehog