Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings My Hedgehogs have left Reply To: My Hedgehogs have left

If I was a hoglet, and due to leave the nest, I would want to explore the world – so I think that might be the mentality of why they might leave.

I think I would be more concerned if they spent all summer in just one nest, and didn’t even explore your garden, I’d want to tell them that they might be missing out on some exiting stuff.

The problem is, we constantly worry about them, their safety, so we would prefer if they stay safe and secure in the nest we have provided for them, but I don’t know if that would be beneficial for them long term.

I’m sure, as Nic said. some will return, now they know where some tasty food is.

Problem is, you aren’t likely to recognise them when they get bigger and return, so you’ll be left worrying if they are ok – but I feel on the whole, it’s probably best if they go off and explore, see what’s out there.

Hedgehog