Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog what food Reply To: what food

On the table at the end of the article, is it suggesting that puppy food (wet) is best. It didn’t give the stats for adult dog food?

But anyway, it doesn’t matter for me, as I’m just gonna stick to what I’ve been feeding them – as they’ve got used to it. However, I will consider puppy food as I might not have to waste as much time mashing it up? but it would cost a little bit more.

Funny, I thought I’d give my mum’s dog a treat today and got her some Roast Dinner Lily’s chicken in a little square tin, as my mum gives her the same dog biscuits every day, and I’d thought she’d love something different – we’ll she didn’t like it at all, and refused to eat her biscuits, I even pretended to eat some (yes I know but it works with her), and she just stepped back if to say ‘you’re welcome’.

Funny when you buy posher brands, and the animals just don’t like it. I think it was because it had too many ingredients in it, things dogs don’t typically eat. It’s funny how packaging can appeal to us, and how we decide, due to the packaging, if it’s going to be delicious or not for the animals.

But I have bought Polly a recipe book, just for treats written by Lilly’s Kitchen, which I think she’ll like a couple of the recipes from it, the cheesy treats.

Hedgehog