Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Tunnel question Reply To: Tunnel question

I would welcome some advice…
I have a hog that visits our concrete backyard often. We have made them a feeder that they use as cats also come in the yard. I currently have landscapers in who are redoing the yard, tearing up all of the concrete and making a garden. We have a high wall all around.

Previously Willow has been coming in under the gate, but so have the cats. To prevent cats coming in I have planned to lower the gate and create 2 x hog size access holes only.

I am going to have raised beds all around the wall and was going to put the hog access via clay pipes.

My question is this… if I get the right sized diameter pipe, will my hog go through it if it is 80cm long?

Would love your advice.

Hedgehog