Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Spreading the word Reply To: Spreading the word

Hi Nic,

Yes, and the good news is that I have already had over 40 replies on the Nextdoor website from people who are already doing their bit or have shown interest and said they will visit hedgehog street so I am very pleased!

I have put some straw in the 3 houses and as there are a lot of deciduous trees in the near vicinity, I have been sweeping the leaves up and scattering them all around the houses. I have also put loads of leaves and twigs and small branches over the top to help insulate them, as well as making sure there are little air flow holes so that they can have some fresh air circulating.

I am a bit concerned that I have been a little too enthusiastic with the houses and maybe put them a little bit too close together, but I have kept the feeding station a little further away so it is not too close to them. So, a quick question. Should I carry on leaving out a small amount of food in the feeding station all through the winter or just leave some water out?

Hedgehog