Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Spreading the word Reply To: Spreading the word

Hi Bellasmum,
I put out dry hedgehog food and water all year round in a shelter and film them and check that none are in difficulties in 2016 and 2019 the hedgehogs didn’t hibernate. I did rescue one in January at my feeding station a couple of years ago. Over the last two nights I have rescued 3 hoglets about 8-10 weeks old at my feeding station one has been rushed off for treatment and it will be touch and go whether it will survive. The other two I have been told they are the right weight for a 8-10 week hog they will get poo check ups next week to make sure nothing sinister is going on and then they will overwinter with me for release in spring.

Hedgehog