Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Abnormal Poo Reply To: Abnormal Poo

Nic

Hi Kassie

If the hogs have a parasite they need to be treated individually by someone who knows what they’re doing. Adding something to water would be too random i.e. there would be no guarantee which hog/s were dosed, how much, etc. Although how do you know they have a parasite problem – did you have the poo tested?

But, if necessary, it may be possible for them to be treated without having to stay. I would ring your local carer/rehabilitator, if I were you and discuss it with them.

I wouldn’t just stop feeding them, though, they may be relying completely, at the moment, on the food you’ve been providing.

Good luck. I hope all goes well for them.

Hedgehog