Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hogs are back Reply To: Hogs are back

hello, the first of my two (or 3) visitors used to arrive regularly around 8pm (now 9pm British Summer Time). It will be interesting to see when they arrive as spring and summer progresses and it is less dark. Here in the north of Scotland it does not get dark for long in mid summer so more chance of seeing the hogs. In previous years I was able to guess when I might see them as they were very regular. The trailcam makes it a lot easier to log the visits. The neighbourhood cats and hogs tend to ignore each other if they are in the garden at the same time – particularly now I have finally (fingers crossed) solved the problem of bendy moggies getting into the feeder and nicking the hogs’ food!

Hedgehog